The Big White Bus started sounding like she was losing a catalytic converter. The sound started as a ticking. However yesterday and today I knew it was a blown exhaust gasket and a missing exhaust stud. I naturally assumed the worst had happened and I would need new exhaust pieces. I was prepared to replace the exhaust starting with the Y. It’s Frankenstein’d together as it is. The next problem or failure is going to require a new exhaust system. I thought that was now. […]
In my post Unplanned Problems I talked about a missing exhaust gasket and a broken bolt. Both problems were more or less easy to solve. I had to wait for Mrs. Okierover to return to the house with the CR-V so I could fetch the parts I needed. The weather turned cold and I had to bundle up to finish up the jobs.
The exhaust gasket was, as I predicted, unavailable in the Oklahoma City metro area. I’ll have to order it from one of the vendors. I talked to JagGuy and bought some High Temp RTV.
I smeared it on the one gasket I did have.
Over the past weekend I stopped at Lowe’s to pick up paint for my Coleman Stove Project which was part of my gearing up for S.C.A.R.R. When I came out this Discovery was sitting next to me. With the parking lot nearly empty parking directly next to me meant this guy must be an enthusiast. So[…]
Once I’d placed the Flex-a-lite sticker on the window, you know, to improve the off-road-ability, we fired her up for testing of the new fans. At once, EGD said something about an exhaust leak. I guess he hadn’t really ever noticed the tick-tick-tick before. I told him I thought there was a leak right where[…]
It’s time to investigate getting the transmission overhauled. I’ve only had work done on the transmission once. That was a bad torque converter. I don’t believe it will be that “easy” this time. This time I believe its time for a told overhaul. The transmission has 190,000+ miles on it. I know I am experiencing[…]
I started my Saturday with the hopes of doing a shit load moderate amount of yard work. I originally imagined myself buying some soil and some additional retaining wall stones in order to get my front flower garden level and looking good. But with my neck in its present state, I would need some help.[…]
I haven’t had much to blog about lately. The Discovery still has a door panel off waiting for me to get a window regulator or the plastic wheels to fix the existing mangled regulator. The Range Rover is still throwing codes for 69 position switch and 44 for a bad O2 sensor. And the exhaust[…]
So a year and a half ago I bought a poly-bush kit for the Classic. I thought, “I’ll just go up to JagGuy’s shop and throw these on and be done with it.” I found out this is an eight hour job and mostly not much fun. So I’m looking for a shop that will[…]
July 8th, 2005 There is a huge update in the works. I have started on it now twice, once yesterday, and again today, having deleted several days work. Very frustrating. EngineJagGuy and I have the engine in. We started on it April and finished it after three long weekends. JagGuy has all the skill necessary[…]
August 26, 2003As I mentioned some time ago I picked up an exhaust from Rover Cannibal and had intended on installing it. To do this you may remember I would need a lift which I learned later a friend of mine has and was willing to be present to operate it and assist me with[…]