Taking stock

With the major milestone of driving the Range Rover last weekend, it is time to take stock of where I am in regards to the Restoration Project Part Duex. I went back to the original post describing the beginning of the Restoration Project.

I’ve struck the projects I’ve completed.
Projects

  • Brake discs
  • Brake reservoir
  • Bushings
  • Viscous Coupling
  • Rust in the bed
  • Rust on the lower tailgate
  • Rust in the front footwells
  • Broken axle
  • Transaxle shifter solenoid partially done
  • Complete fluid service partially done
  • Rusted floor pans
  • Power steering hoses
  • Tires
  • Sound system
  • Door locks
  • Head liner
  • Transmission problems

Not vital but needed eventually.

  • Springs and shocks
  • Air conditioning
  • Sun roof

I’ve dropped the CV joints and the drive shaft seals. The CV joints will probably fail nut for now they don’t seem to be an issue. The drive shaft seals are part of this and I’m just going to wait until I have to do the CV joints before I do the drive shaft seals.

I’ve done so much and I’ve gotten a lot of the BIG projects done. Tires and the transmission problem will be done by professionals. The air conditioning will be filled by a professional but the components will be swapped by me.
Door locks will require some electrical magic.
The headliner is pretty easy.
The sound system is going to be part electrical magic and part Frankenstein project.
The sun roof is most likely a mechanical problem.
Springs and shocks will require a special tool (spring compressor).
Power steering hoses will be custom made by a local hose shop and that will allow me to get braided hoses which I hope will last much longer than the ones offered at the internet vendors.

Hopefully no more projects will raise their ugly heads. Hopefully, I will be able to get the projects that might keep the Range Rover sidelined done before any potential bad weather comes our way.

Thanks for reading and Happy Rovering.

I love to hear from my readers, leave a reply

%d bloggers like this: